Most people purchase a water ionizer for the vast health benefits of drinking alkaline ionized water. However, alkaline water is only half of the benefit of owing an ionizer. The by-product that water ionizers produce–ionized acidic water–has a myriad of benefits from body, skin and hair care to household and industrial cleaning.
Ionized acidic water is water rich in H+ ions, which occurs when water ionizers electrolyze ordinary tap water and separate them into two streams–alkaline and acidic. The water is divided at a 70:30 ratio, and oftentimes, users allow the acid water to travel from its rubber drainage spout right down the drain, literally wasting one of the most versatile, eco-friendly products on the planet!
Fortunately, it is possible to collect and store ionized acidic water effectively. It should keep its strength for 90 days provided that you minimize its exposure to light and oxygen by storing it in a closed, opaque container.
Chanson water has been 3rd party lab tested and verified to make strong acid water which disinfects on contact when made at 2.7 pH. Many brands of ionizers can’t make strong acid water, or can’t make it without using chemical solutions. Chanson is very proud that our machines can make strong acid water in 70% of all water sources without alteration, and for the remaining 30% we are the first company to use natural mineral-rich Himalayan salt instead of chemicals to create strong acidic water with the Chanson Miracle M.A.X. water ionizer.
Here are a few ways to collect and put your ionized acidic water to work for you:
- Collect it in cups or a watering can and use it to water plants daily. Most potted plants and plants in your landscape crave acid water, and will thrive and grow faster when watered with it.
- Purchase some small cobalt or amber glass spray bottles to fill with 2.7-5.5 pH water and store in the medicine cabinet, and your purse or gym bag. Use as an all-natural facial toner, hand sanitizer, aftershave, deodorant and on rashes and bug bites.
- Collect it in a bucket and use to wash your car, bike, motorcycle or boat with.
- Fill opaque plastic spray bottles with 2.7-5.5 pH water, and store them under the kitchen and bathroom sink. Use for household cleaning and disinfecting purposes like glass, tile, floors, stain removal, sinks, toilets, doorknobs, and cutting boards. Must be 2.7 pH to disinfect, and not all brands of ionizers can produce water this low without chemical alteration.
- Recycle an empty opaque shampoo or conditioner bottle and use 5.5-6.0 pH ionized acid water as a final hair rinse.
- Collect in cups and use to pre-rinse dishes before loading into the dishwasher.
- Recycle an empty mouthwash bottle, fill it with 2.7-3.5 pH ionized acid water and add some peppermint or spearmint essential oil for minty freshness at a fraction of the cost of commercial, alcohol-based mouthwashes.
- Collect it in a bucket and use to wash Fido with to keep his coat shiny.
Still have more acid water than you know what to do with?
Consider bottling and giving some away to family, friends and neighbors with some suggestions on how to use it, and offer to let them refill their own bottles. Or you can even try selling it. Our SkinBalance product retails for $19.95 and is still only a fraction of the cost of the high-end skin care products it replaces.
After introducing acidic water to your friends and family, people are bound to want to know how they can get their own ionizer. You can become a Chanson Water dealer or affiliate and make money off of each sale!
Related article: Benefits & Uses of Ionized Water